Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 223, 8 June 2013

My Learning Curve

This morning i learned that the things i've been referring to as bolts are in fact shear studs, which are used to make a strong connection between steel and concrete. Well, to be honest, all this was explained to me this morning while i was out walking Doggie Demeanor, but since i hadn't yet had my first cup of coffee, surprisingly little sank in. I spent the rest of the morning muttering to myself, "I know he said they're called 'shear something-or-others.'" I finally had to ask one of the other workers this afternoon, and have now added the term "shear stud" to my vocabulary. I've gone back and corrected the past few posts to reflect the correct terminology.

The machinery seems so quiet and peaceful now that everyone has gone home for the day.

Old Stinky

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog exists for one purpose: to follow the progress of the CTA substation project. Your comments relevant to that topic are very welcome.