Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 232, 17 June 2013

Dear Reader, 
I've been blogging about the CTA substation project for nearly eight months, and now the project is at a turning point, moving from demolition and preparation to the actual building stage. This shift coincides with a turning point of my own: i've decided to take an extended break from blogging and most other internet activities. All three of my blogs (this one, Tattered Film Palace, and Ms. Demeanor's Photo du Jour) will be on hiatus while i go on cyber-sabbatical. I will be focusing on some real-world projects, looking at the world through a larger frame than either a camera viewfinder or computer screen, and reacquainting myself with the fine arts of reading and writing on paper. I hope to return to this and my other online projects, restored and refreshed, in about a month's time. In the meantime, i will only sporadically check the comments and read my emails, so don't be upset if your comments are not posted or your emails answered as promptly as usual. 


Here is one final shot of the excavator in action. Today it is tearing out huge chunks of pavement (far bigger than the debris from the old retaining wall), clearing away everything as far as the line that was scored in the pavement last week. 

Now follow my lead and step away from the computer and go bask in the summer sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog exists for one purpose: to follow the progress of the CTA substation project. Your comments relevant to that topic are very welcome.